PQube will release Dual Effect and Abstract Digital-developed survival horror game Tormented Souls for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2021, the publisher announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Something Evil Lurks at Winterlake
While investigating the disappearance of twin girls at Winterlake—something terrible happens to Caroline Walker. Waking in the dead of night, naked in a bathtub – and hooked up to some decrepit medical equipment, Caroline must fight for her life as she explores the halls of an abandoned Mansion turned hospital.
A Nod to the Classics
Tormented Souls deliberately sets out to draw inspiration from classic survival horror. From Resident Evil and Silent Hill, to Alone in the Dark, Tormented Souls is a modern take on the fixed-perspective adventure, offering a modernized control scheme and a more dynamic camera, while retaining everything that made those games so beloved by fans.
Keep Your Wits About You
You’ll need much more than a steady aim and sharp reflexes to make it out alive. Search the environment for anything you can use to your advantage. Cleverly combine items to solve puzzles and use every resource available to explore the secrets of the Mansion and its grounds.
Nothing is quite as it seems at Winterlake. Mirrors provide a path to an alternate reality and another place in time. By crossing these shimmering gateways, Caroline can manipulate the very fabric of reality in surprising ways—turning the situation to her advantage.
You Are Not Alone in the Dark
The mansion may seem abandoned, but as Caroline investigates its secrets, dark forces and unspeakable horrors will do everything in their power to stop her getting to the truth. Be sure to be alert at all times, and use anything you can find to fight off the encroaching terrors of Winterlake.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.